With plenty of products and businesses in the tech sector, Hezardastan is one of the pioneers in the tech startup ecosystem in Iran. Now we are going to launch Hezardasta’s VC (Javane) and are looking for a VC Associate.
As part of the Javane team, you will work to identify new technologies, startups, partners, use cases, and technology gaps. You should Identify investment opportunities, evaluate the market and competitors, perform due diligence on startup solutions, and recommend the startups for investment. The role is a multi-faceted one and requires well-developed financial, technology, strategic, and interpersonal skill sets.
In a VC firm, the venture capital associate is the most med level member. Nevertheless, these positions are competitive, and involve a lot of responsibility as well as independent thinking.
VC associates are on the front lines of finding and screening deals. They are expected to bring an ambitious, sales-like mentality to this task, oftentimes sourcing potential deals and calling companies and entrepreneurs in order to set up meetings. The associate then presents prospective deals to the firm partners.
VC associates, similar to other financial analysts, support all aspects of a deal, from due diligence to modeling and execution. With due diligence, they produce the initial analytics that lead a firm to pursue or reject a deal.
When a deal moves onto later stages, associates continue to work side-by-side with the partner. Work intensity and hours fluctuate based on how close the team is to closing deals.
Venture capital associates operate in a unique area of finance. Unlike investment banking and other financial analysts who focus on modeling and deal execution, VC associates have less structure.
Even at the entry level, VC associates are tasked with finding deals, meeting entrepreneurs, and evaluating business ideas. This can appeal to a candidate who is interested in being involved and partnering with businesses.
Your role will be a combination of both external and internal responsibilities.
External responsibilities include:
- Investment Process: Process and document internal investment processes and ongoing negotiations, and Participate in the evaluation, Data gathering, Market research, and the benchmark for market and product. Collaborate with the investment manager to deliver on the core venture investment focus of Javane.
- B2B meeting & Negotiation: Holding meetings with the aim of joint and organizational cooperation with startups, investment managers, and key stakeholders
- Sourcing: Establish and develop relationships with the startup ecosystem and collaborate with the public relations team to increase investment requests and attract teams based on Javane investment opportunities
- Communication & Coordination: communication and accountability to teams during the investment process
- Internal responsibilities include:
- Strategic Communication: Build strong relationships with the business and technology leaders of Hazardastan Holding to understand their priorities, challenges, and strategic needs
- Preparation of Reports: Ability to prepare presentation files and managerial reports including benchmarks, and market trends & analysis, as well as required financial data, to help ... to help investment committee for decision making
- Business Development: Ability to research and collect data and keep startup ecosystem information up to date as well as evaluate and analyze requesting teams from the perspective of product, market, and competitors
- Due Diligence: Managing the due diligence process of teams to evaluate potential investments and their ability to deliver strategic value to Javane and prepare reports for investment decisions.
Qualities of Potential Hire include:
- Experience in corporate development or working in venture capital.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Being time-oriented and highly committed to deadlines.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking.
- BSc degree in MBA, Management or related fields.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Stock options for all employees.
- A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative, and performance-oriented.
- Supplementary health insurance.
- Various on-site entertainments.
- Competitive salary package.
- Generous loans.