With plenty of products and businesses in the tech sector, Hezardastan is one of the pioneers in the tech startup ecosystem in Iran. Now we are going to launch Hezardasta’s VC (Javane) and are looking for a Venture Capital Associate.
As part of the Javane team, you will work to identify new technologies, startups, partners, use cases, and technology gaps. You should Identify investment opportunities, evaluate the market and competitors, perform due diligence on startup solutions, and recommend the startups for investment. The role is a multi-faceted one and requires well-developed financial, technology, strategic, and interpersonal skill sets.
Your role will be a combination of both external and internal responsibilities.
External responsibilities include:
- Investment Process: Process and document internal investment processes and ongoing negotiations, and Participate in the evaluation, Data gathering, Market research, and the benchmark for market and product. Collaborate with the investment manager to deliver on the core venture investment focus of Javane.
- B2B meeting & Negotiation: Holding meetings with the aim of joint and organizational cooperation with startups, investment managers, and key stakeholders
- Sourcing: Establish and develop relationships with the startup ecosystem and collaborate with the public relations team to increase investment requests and attract teams based on Javane investment opportunities
- Communication & Coordination: communication and accountability to teams during the investment process
Internal responsibilities include:
- Strategic Communication: Build strong relationships with the business and technology leaders of Hazardastan Holding to understand their priorities, challenges, and strategic needs
- Preparation of Reports: Ability to prepare presentation files and managerial reports to help investment committee for decision making
- Business Development: Ability to research and collect data and keep startup ecosystem information up to date as well as evaluate and analyze requesting teams from the perspective of product, market, and competitors
- Due Diligence: Managing the due diligence process of teams to evaluate potential investments and their ability to deliver strategic value to Javane and prepare reports for investment decisions.
Qualities of Potential Hire include:
- Experience in corporate development or working in venture capital
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking.
- BSc degree in Finance or related fields.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible working hours.
- Stock options for all employees.
- Talented colleagues and an interesting work environment.
- Supplementary health insurance.
- Generous loans to employees.
- Various on-site entertainments.